Co-worker rescue from height
Everyone who works at height may be faced with a colleague who has fallen and is hanging helplessly in his fall protection system. The Co-Worker Rescue at Height (CWRH) course teaches participants to deal with that situation.
Using simple techniques and industry standard equipment, you will learn how you can free a colleague from a dangerous situation after they have fallen into their fall arrest system. The rapid release of this trapped person must be your highest priority, to prevent further injury.
In accordance with the law on working conditions and the consequent duty of care, an employer is required to prepare employees for this possible scenario. Generally, with a few simple tools, this problem can easy be solved.
Internationally Certified Training
Rescue 3 safety and rescue training courses are delivered in house by experienced instructors at our 'live' wind turbine sites. We believe this makes us unique and sets us apart from other training providers.
Rescue 3 is one of the worlds leading rescue training institutions and Rescue 3 courses carry a 3 year International Certification, this is extremely useful our customers wishing to work overseas.
With this course, you'll learn
- Legislation and standards
- Rescuer safety and survival
- General hazards
- Medical considerations
- Risk assessment when doing a partner rescue at height
- Personal and team equipment
- Basic rescue procedures
- Setting anchor systems for rescue
- Placing rope protection
- Connecting a casualty on a line using a telescopic pole
- Lifting a casualty using a pre-installed device
- Lowering a casualty
- Individual pick-off using a pre-installed device
- Suspension trauma procedures / orthostatic suspension HSE guidance for first responders
2 days, (or 1 day add-on to Safe Working at Height qualification).
- You must be capable of independently working safely with fall protection equipment.
- Minimum age: 18
- Rescue 3 manual
- 3 year International certificate
- ID card
- Rescue 3 whistle
- Rescue 3 Wind Turbine Operator embroidered badge for coveralls/uniform