Wind turbine operator
The Wind Turbine Operator (WTO) course is aimed at Technicians operating in and around wind turbines. Wind turbines pose some special challenges: they are often in rural areas and/or are difficult to reach. Within wind turbines, workers face further challenges: workers are working in pairs or small groups, in difficult to reach and potentially confined spaces, where a rescue is a challenging task for co-workers and/or fire and rescue services.
Therefore, people need to work as safely as possible at all times, following EU standards, national laws and regulations, and company-specific standards and procedures. Rescue 3 Europe has developed the Wind Turbine Operator course to help organisations maintain high safety standards at all times. Rescue 3 Europe provides an agreed international certified training program to their training providers and instructors, to help them provide up to date information in this rapidly growing market of renewable energy.
Internationally Certified Training
Rescue 3 safety and rescue training courses are delivered in house by experienced instructors at our 'live' wind turbine sites. We believe this makes us unique and sets us apart from other training providers.
Rescue 3 is one of the worlds leading rescue training institutions and Rescue 3 courses carry a 3 year International Certification, this is extremely useful our customers wishing to work overseas.
With this course, you'll learn
- Legislation and standards
- Worker safety and survival
- General hazards
- Medical considerations
- Risk assessment when working at height
- Use of PPE
- Incident size-up
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Use of fire extinguishers
- Basic life support (including CPR and AED)
- First aid at height
- Introduction to ropes
- knots and technical gear
- Anchor systems
- Placing rope protection
- Use of work restraint and work positioning equipment
- Use of different types of fall arrest equipment
- Use of lanyards and shock absorbers
- Emergency descending
- Rescue of a co-worker from fall arrest systems e.g. Latchways Mansafe vertical systems
- Realistic rescue simulations
Course duration 16 hours over two consecutive days, The course will last 24 hours over 3 days if delivered with the HSE Emergency first aid at work.
- Prior experience of working with ropes is recommended
- Minimum age: 18
- Valid first aid qualification (If not taking the HSE Emergency first aid at work course at the same time as the WTO)
- Rescue 3 manual
- 3 year International certificate
- ID card
- Rescue 3 whistle
- Rescue 3 Wind Turbine Operator embroidered badge for coveralls/uniform